By Michael HartleyYou can use this web page to get worked examples of finding the lowest common multiple of two numbers - also called the least common multiple. You do it like so :
- First, click the Generate Example button below. You'll be presented with a lowest common multiples problem.
- When you think you've found the answer, click Show Solution. The correct answer will be shown.
- Next, click on Show Method to see how the given answer was obtained. There are two methods demonstrated.
- One way to find the least common multiple is just to keep listing multiples of the larger number, until you find one that is a multiple of the smaller number. This can sometimes tak a long time.
- There's another way to find the lowest common multiple, that involves finding the greatest common factor first. This method is also demonstrated.
401 Examples Generated So Far,
If you like what you've just read, sign up for this site's free newsletters: